Lead Engineer, Simulation
We are searching for a Simulation Lead Engineer with a specialization in physics modeling to join our fast-paced research team. As a simulations lead you will be uniquely positioned in our team to work on large-scale reinforcement learning algorithms and push forward the frontiers of AI technologies. You will be involved in all aspects of the simulations and reinforcement learning infrastructure development, and work with perception, computer vision, and scenario/scene simulations engineer from inception and initial implementation to evaluation and all the way to a deployable in real robotics products.
We’d like you to:
- Design, implement, evaluate and test 3D reconstruction algorithms and systems with a focus on dense reconstruction, meshing, photogrammetry, SLAM, and sensor fusion.
- Independently create extensive simulations/ simulated worlds
- Work independently in a shared AI/ML product implementation setting
You will have:
- MSc/Ph.D. in computer science, electrical or robotics, or a related field; or industry experience.
- Strong background in C/C++/Python, could produce robust, well-tested C++ software (minimum 3+ years)
- Strong understanding of 3D math 3D modeling, texturing, animation and physics
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Prior experience working on physics and simulation systems
- Prior experience with Gazebo or Mujoco (ISAAC, pyBullet is acceptable)
- Experience modeling collision and rigid body dynamics
- Proven theoretical and practical RL and simulation experience.
- Experience implementing and debugging physics solvers and computing contact resolutions